Search my Blog for a review!

Monday, October 5, 2015

[News/Hype] Pokemon GO!

So I'm extremely excited for Pokemon GO! I really need a new phone probably to use it though.

Pokemon GO! is being developed by the same team who made another GPS-Based game... something called Ingress. I tried it out and wasn't too impressed by how hard it was to get into the game, and there wasn't really anything to do around me so I ditched it. But Pokemon GO is going to be way more fun to get into. It's literally walking around and catching Pokemon! How hard is that?!

Anyway, Pokemon GO!, as I said, is being created by the makers of Ingress, and I have to take it they're working closely with Nintendo as well, or, I would hope anyway. I am really looking forward to being able to walk around and play Pokemon GO! on the way to work or something.

So far it's been pretty hush-hush, and I don't think there's a beta available to get into or anything like that at this point, unfortunately.  Here's some news articles about Pokemon GO! to munch(lax lol) on:

Pokemon GO! Article 1

Pokemon GO! Article 2

As I was reading those articles myself, in Article 1, it does occur to me, that I most likely will never be able to catch all of the Pokemon. They're probably going to spread Pokemon out around the world, and not just have everyone able to catch Pokemon in one area. I would assume, however, that there is going to be Wi-Fi trading available, but we won't know for sure until it's released.

Also, there's a gadget that accompanies the Pokemon GO! App, called the Pokemon Watch. I am unsure of what it's for, and haven't done much poke(heh)ing around on it, but I could see it being used for movement emulation for throwing Pokeballs, instead of pressing a button on the App or something.

Here's the trailer for Pokemon GO! as well, even though the end bit is a bit cheesy:




So it looks like it's going to be pretty fun.

Pokemon GO! is scheduled for a 2016 release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment